No MBA mumbo-jumbo, just stuff that's worked through 30 years of team-building in business and the military.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Time for This Blog to End?

One key characteristic of seasoned leaders is that, just as they step forward when needed, they step aside when they aren't.

I'm wondering if, with this blog anyway, it's time for me to step aside. I started it with no motive except to pay things forward a little bit. It was my way to give back to the leadership community that nurtured me.

What I have discovered in the past few months is that there are a lot of great folks out there offering excellent material for leaders. At the same time, I find that the demands on my time are such that I have to make some choices where to invest it. Of the things I write, this one seems most redundant in the larger marketplace. For those reasons, I'm trying to decide whether to continue writing this blog.

However, there may be some readers out there who have come to count on Hip Pocket leader for a daily dose of mentoring. I don't know who you are, but if you'd like to weigh in on the decision, please feel free to drop me an e-mail at warbirdg@gmail.com, or to comment on this post.

I look forward to hearing from you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Greg - While I definitely understand the struggles with time and how we spend it, I sure hope you continue to write 'Hip Pocket Leader'. I enjoy your style and the way you put your thoughts together. One suggestion I hope you are considering is to continue to write, but maybe less frequently. This might give you a little time back in your day. Best of luck through your decision process!

    ReplyDelete